Software development plataform.NET
.NET is both a business strategy from Microsoft and its collection of programming support for what are known as Web services, the ability to use the Web rather than your own computer for various services.
The .NET platform includes servers:
- Building-block services, such as Web-based data storage
- Device software
- Includes passport, Microsoft’s fill-in-the-form-only-once identity verification service.
The .NET platform was designed to provide:
- The ability to make the entire range of computing devices work together and to have user information automatically updated and synchronized on all of them.
- Increased interactive capability for Web sites, enabled by greater use of XML rather than HTML.
- The ability to integrate various communications media, such as e-mail, faxes, and telephones.