What is Node?
The principal goal is “provide an easy way to build scalable network programs “.
- For easily building fast and scalable network applications.
- It uses an event-driven, non-blocking I/O model that makes it lightweight and efficient.
- Perfect for data-intensive real-time applications that run across distributed devices.
The first choice of software architects
- Asynchronous and Event Driven
- Very fast
- Single Threaded but Highly Scalable
- No Buffering
Node is fast?
- Execution of tests
- Excellent event model
- Asincroll programming
- Omnipresent lenguage
Modules are provided for file system I/O, networking, binary data (buffers), cryptography functions, data streams and other core functions.
Node.js’s modules use an API designed to reduce the complexity of writing server applications and can run on Linux, macOS, Microsoft Windows, NonStop, and Unix servers.